Date Posted - 11/08/2017
The Next Generation Industry Data Warehouse (IDW) platform using Stibo Systems technology will enable manufacturers to securely share accurate and timely product, pricing, and marketing data with distributors and other wholesale trading partners—in one place and one standardized electronic format.
The Technical Product Manager is responsible for Next Generation IDW platform product planning and release management. This includes gathering and prioritizing customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with the Industry Standards Committee, the Industry Advisory Council, and IDEA’s IT team to deliver the service to our customers. The Technical Product Manager will also work with Account Management, Marketing, and Client Services teams to ensure that IDEA’s revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met and that the product’s direction supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
The Technical Product Manager will also bring to bear their expertise of the Stibo Systems technology to ensure that the next generation IDW platform is leveraging all its technology capabilities to achieve customer needs.
· Serve as internal expert on Stibo Systems, and work to continually enhance and continually expand that knowledge through engagement in Stibo User meetings.
· Work with the Product Content Director to define and manage the roadmap of product enhancements for the Next Generation IDW platform.
· With feedback from the Product Content Director, define and Schedule periodic releases of enhancements, working with the IT team, the Client Services Team, and the Marketing team to coordinate activities relating the release of each build.
· Work closely with the Director of Information Technology to ensure adequate capacity planning for the Next Generation IDW platform.
· Serve the Release Manager, coordinating testing and signing off on builds for General Release
· Brief Account Managers and Client Services team members on roadmap and new functionality in the periodic releases.
· Work with the IDW User Group to engage its members on all aspects of platform capabilities and potential enhancements.
Education and Experience:
· Minimum of 5 years experience as a Product Manager or as a software development manager
· Knowledge of data validation, ETL, or data management tools
· Extensive experience with Stibo Systems STEP technology. Stibo Academy course certifications strongly preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience in one or more of the following areas: relational databases, business intelligence, or ERP systems.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or an engineering field.
· At least one product development example and sample of an effective document delivered in the past.
· Experience managing Agile development teams. Certification as a Scrum Master is desirable.
· Extensive experience in the electrical products channel working with manufacturers or distributors
· Experience with project management techniques desired
· Demonstrated success defining and launching products.
· Excellent teamwork skills.
· Occasional travel required
2900 Crystal Drive, Suite 500
Arlington, VA 22202