IDEA will be hosting customer training session for the Electrical Attribute Schema v4.0, the latest version of the industry-approved guide used to communicate product descriptors (e.g. brand, voltage, color) to trading partners through the IDW. IDEA customers can choose from one of three live sessions, starting this Thursday, December 19, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST.
IDEA recently released the Electrical Attribute Schema 4.0 to the industry. The product categories in the enhanced Schema increased by almost 50% from the previous 3,468 product categories to more than 5,000. This increased granularity provides a more precise product categorization process for manufacturers, and will help distributors build better web store drill-downs and filters so that your products are easier to search and find online.
Choose from one of the following training sessions to learn firsthand how you can start leveraging the Schema 4.0 in your business:
- Thursday, December 19, 2-3 PM EST - Manufacturer Registration
- Tuesday, January 14 - Manufacturer Registration | Distributor Registration
- Tuesday, January 28 - Manufacturer Registration | Distributor Registration
Electrical Attribute Schema v4.0 Training Agenda
Presenter: Mary Shaw, Director, eBusiness Standards, IDEA
- Benefits of the more granular Schema 4.0
- Alignment with the European Technical Information Model (ETIM)
- Review of the new 4-digit IDEA Granular Category Code (IGCC)
- Implementation plan
- Download of the Schema and all related documents
For more information about the more granular Schema, read the Schema 4.0 press release.