The Business Development Analyst will work in an enthusiastic and progressive team setting for IDEA, an industry leader in the Electrical Wholesale channel supporting a large and dedicated customer base. The Business Development Analyst will be responsible for monitoring and managing the quality of data in the IDEA ConnectorSM. This person will work with IDEA’s manufacturer customers to fully populate the platform with complete transactional and marketing content and drive continuous improvement of manufacturer data. This person will also work with IDEA’s distributor customers to make sure that they get the best experience when extracting data from the platform to use in their various business systems. Must be able to function with minimal supervision and regularly operate under deadlines.
Department: Client Services
Team: Client Solutions
Reports to: Client Solutions Manager
Core Values: The following core operating values describe part of the organizational culture at IDEA and the public image that IDEA aims to hold itself accountable to and project to its customers in the way it conducts its business.
- Customers First
- Business to Business Learning and Information Sharing
- Power in Standard, Accurate and Reliable Information
- User Friendly Technology with Emphasis on Ease-Of-Use
- Provide excellent customer service to distributors and manufacturers
- Support all incoming customer requests/questions via call center type queue
- Load and extract data to and from the IDEA Connector with emphasis on data quality and ability to trouble-shoot issues and monitor/communicate results
- Become an expert on all aspects of the IDEA Connector and other IDEA product offerings
- Support the Account Management team by providing call support or demos of platform functionality for customers and prospects as needed
- Assist Client Implementation Specialists with training of customers as needed on the platform to maximize value derived from the service
- Review and process Data Integrity Issues entered by customers in a timely fashion to bring quick resolve
- Validate data updates, monitor reports and query performance, troubleshoot data issues, and document processes and results.
- Directly acquire, host and maintain digital data assets for the platform
- Normalize Category Attributes per standards set by the Industry Standards Committee
- Perform URL Checks for each manufacturer based on pre-established schedule
- Keep knowledge current on IDEA Connector and familiarity with Data Compliance, IDEA Standards; File Formats; Data Validation Rules; and various platform requirements and documentation to be able to support customers’ needs
- Other projects as assigned by manager
Education and Experience
- Direct experience with customers in the supply chain, including manufacturers, distributors and contractors (5-10 years)
- Broad understanding of various functions within distribution:
- Very familiar: Sales, Branch Operations, Pricing, E-Commerce, Marketing
- Moderate: Warehousing, Shipping, Purchasing, Inventory Management
- Low: Accounting, Credit
- Technical proficiency with relational databases and large data structures.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Access, Word, and SQL
- Experience with validity checking and developing methods to identify data inconsistency and inaccuracy
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication, as well as analytical, research, documentation and problem-solving skills
- BA degree or equivalent 3-5-year related work experience in the electrical distribution supply chain channel or other vertical industry (i.e. plumbing, hvac, industrial, etc)
- Customer Service oriented with strong Customer first attitude
- Positive, attentive and patient attitude when interacting with customers
- Ability to manage support needs from multiple customers simultaneously
- Effectively and consistently follows instructions
- Self-driven team player with a strong work ethic
- Operates well independently and in team settings often under minimal supervision
- Willingness to help others meet objectives and increase job duty comprehension
- Ability to interact with individuals at different levels within and outside the company
- Occasional overnight business travel may be required to support customers’ needs
- Must be willing to work a later shift, as needed, ending at 10pm EST.
If you are interested in and qualify for this position, please forward a cover letter and resume to Dena Barrett, Director, Customer Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.