Title: EDI Business Development Manager
The EDI Business Development Manager is responsible for lead generation/prospecting, opportunity assessment/qualify solution selection, proposal, and closing phases of the EDI sales process. This position will also be responsible for driving new business through consultative selling into new accounts and new markets. The EDI Business Development Manager will be fully accountable for overall customer revenue, transaction growth, and business retention and customer satisfaction.
Reports to: Director of Strategic Accounts
• Displays adaptability, depth and breadth of successful sales experience, and experience selling technology services, selling to various sized accounts, and selling to the ‘technophobic’.
• The incumbent must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, computer proficiency, and familiarity with CRM tools.
• Demonstrates significant experience or proven ability to negotiate with, and sell to, top corporate and senior decision-makers is required.
• Works with Account Management to follow through on closed accounts to ensure satisfactory implementation over a 60 – 90 day period.
• Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports (pipeline), forecast reports, and expense tracking.
• Continues to pursue in-depth product and service knowledge and acquire deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
• Develop full working knowledge of the operations of the business, including all product and service departments
• Develops and maintains the image of IDEA as a leader in the business-to-business eCommerce arena
• Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and procedures, and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies
• Initiate and follow up on leads-eliminate this is redundant
• Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market
• Meet or exceed sales solicitation call goals as assigned by the EVP, Sales, and Marketing
• Invite prospects to industry events or to IDEA HQ for sales briefings
• Assist in implementing special promotions and be proactive in the development of such programs
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 2-3 years of prior revenue-generating sales experience in EDI/Tech environment
• Proven track record of exceeding quota for new business
• Self-starter with a strong sense of initiative; ability to work in a strong team environment
• Thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
• Proficiencies in MS Word, XL, and PPT
• Strong knowledge of CRM preferred
• Travel up to 30% to accounts, events, and company meetings
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org