Department: Product Management
Position: Business Systems Analyst
Reports to: Director, Product Management
IDEA’s mission is to assume a leadership position in facilitating the exchange of complete, high-quality, commercial grade transactional and eCommerce content, which includes serving as the electrical industry’s standards body by setting, facilitating, and monitoring data standards
IDEA is comprised of two for-profit businesses and is jointly owned by two non-profit Associations, NAED and NEMA:
- IDEA Connector – an industry product information platform which receives, validates, stores, secures, and syndicates both transactional and eCommerce enhanced data/product content
- IDEA Exchange – a Value-Added Network (VAN) which enables electronic data to be passed between companies in a competitive, cost-efficient manner.
The Business Systems Analyst will support both customer-facing and internal projects involving IDEA’s MDM system. The analyst will work closely with customers as well as IDEA’s Standards Coordinator, Education and Training Specialist, IT and Customer Success teams.
- Lead discovery sessions with clients and stakeholders to define and document project business requirements
- Working with system architects, document components required to fulfill business requirements
- Translate business requirements into user stories or functional tasks with acceptance criteria
- Collaborate with project team to define milestones, prioritize tasks, and create schedules
- Define test cases and develop and execute test plans
- Conduct project reviews and provide reporting to update stakeholders and leadership on project progress
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of relevant business analyst work experience
- PIM/MDM experience with major platforms (Stibo Systems, Informatica, EnterWorks, Riversand, and ContentServe). Experience with EnterWorks a plus.
- Experience in project management practices, principles, and tools.
- Proficiency in SQL query writing
- Strong Microsoft Visio skills
- Strong experience in creating and executing test plans
- Experience with Agile development and SCRUM methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or an engineering field
- Proven analytical, troubleshooting, and critical thinking skills with the ability to distill information from disparate data sources with attention to detail and accuracy and the capability to tell the story behind it, as well as recommendations for next steps.
- Comfortable leading discussions in areas outside of subject matter expertise with people across all levels of the organization
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to influence others.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Occasional travel required.