The primary function of the EDI Project Specialist is to develop, maintain, and support EDI solutions for IDEA’s EDI customers. This role is responsible for collaborating with customers and their trading partners to find and support EDI solutions for a variety of ERP systems. The ideal candidate should possess a strong technical aptitude with proven project management skills, motivation, and ability to undertake challenging technical issues with little supervision. Experience with EDI is required. The candidate will work with our eCommerce/SaaS products, including EDI VAN routing, data communications (AS2, FTP, and HTTP), support of various platforms, and limited EDI translation issues.
– Concurrently work on/with multiple projects, multi-level resolutions teams, and customers to help resolve technical issues from the customer’s and project team’s perspective
– Provide additional follow up for large/priority customers
– Communicates key information via appropriate channels to keep project stakeholders informed of project deadlines, status, timeliness, and performance.
– Proactively identify potential project delays and create contingency plans
– Work with IDEA EXCHANGE platform provider to set up new customer accounts in the IDEA EXCHANGE, train customers in using IDEA EXCHANGE User Interface, obtain specs for custom maps as required, onboard new customers and their trading partners
– Become an expert on all aspects of IDEA EXCHANGE and other IDEA product offerings to the electrical channel.
– Maintain high customer satisfaction, as measured in regular customer surveys
– Develop, maintain, and distribute project implementation and or special project reporting for distribution to concerned IDEA personnel
– Serve as a subject matter expert and resource to provide clear and timely communication of EDI requirements such as file specifications, testing processes, and communication protocols
– Special projects as assigned by Director, Digital Integration Services
– AA/Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent experience
– 3 To 5 years of relevant work experience is preferred
– Familiarity with ERP EDI systems is a plus
– Problem-solving/analytic skills
– Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
– PC literacy in a Windows environment
– Proven follow-up skills, independence, and reliability
– Good interpersonal skills
– Ability to interact with individuals at different levels within and outside the company.
– Self-driven team player with a strong work ethic.
– EDI Data mapping experience with knowledge of VAN’s, AS2, and FTP communication methods
– This is a remote position so you may be required to travel to attend meetings at our headquarters in Arlington, VA, attend industry meetings, or to visit customer sites.
– At least 5 years’ experience in Cloud-based EDI Solutions
– Knowledge of SQL scripting helpful
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org