Department: Customer Success
Position: Professional Data Standards Coordinator
Reports to: Director, Data Quality & Data Standards
IDEA’s mission is to assume a leadership position in facilitating the exchange of complete, high-quality, commercial grade transactional and eCommerce content, which includes serving as the electrical industry’s standards body by setting, facilitating, and monitoring data standards
IDEA is comprised of two for-profit businesses and is jointly owned by two non-profit Associations, NAED and NEMA:
- IDEA Connector – an industry product information platform which receives, validates, stores, secures and syndicates both transactional and eCommerce enhanced data/product content
- IDEA Exchange – a Value-Added Network (VAN) which enables electronic data to be passed between companies in a competitive, cost-efficient manner.
The Data Standards Coordinator is responsible for providing support to the Director, Data Quality and Standards to effectively manage and document the Industry Data Standards. You will work closely with the Industry Product Data Standards Committees, the IDEA User Group, and internal IDEA personnel to document and manage the eBusiness Standards and guidelines that support and advance electronic commerce initiatives in the electrical wholesale industry.
- Collaborate with Director, Data Quality and Data Standards, Harmonized Data Model Project Team, and Industry Standards Committees to design, develop, and maintain effective data Standards-related documents and manage cross-document control process.
- Maintain industry data standards, as well as the tools, methods and metrics required to support data governance standards around timeliness, accuracy, comprehensiveness, transparency, and digital distribution.
- Coordinates and prepares committee meeting notices, agendas, and other information with committee chairs; attends committee meetings and prepares and distributes meeting minutes.
- Prepare presentations materials, metrics, and action plans for the committee meetings.
- Monitor and report on all standards related activities, processes, and procedures.
- Manage and track all industry requests for addition and changes to the Industry Data Standards.
- Develop and maintain the log for issues and questions raised in relation to the Standards and their implementation.
- Collaborate internally and externally to ensure a clear understanding of the implementation of data standards.
- Collaborate with the IDEA Marketing team, facilitate communication of standards, best practices and white papers to customers and other interested parties enabling rapid adoption of eBusiness standards.
- Provide recommendations for User Training and collaborate with Education and Training Specialist to develop training modules to support the best practices for the adoption of the industry data standards.
- Keep knowledge current on IDEA platform and have familiarity with data compliance, IDEA Standards; file formats; data types, data validation rules; and various platform requirements and documentation to be able to support customers’ needs.
- Create and build lasting and profitable relationships with our customers.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by Director.
Education and Experience:
- BA degree or equivalent 3-5-year related work experience in the electrical distribution supply chain channel or other vertical industry (i.e., plumbing, HVAC, industrial, etc).
- Proficient in project management practices, principles, and tools.
- Ability to garner agreement across multiple companies and gain acceptance of a single agenda.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with individuals at different levels within and outside the organization.
- Experience working with MDM systems, eCommerce platforms, SEO standards, Building Information Modeling and other market trends impacting on-going development of industry data standards.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications.
- Understanding of and /or experience working with various file formats and data types, including Boolean, Valid Values, and Text data population structures.
- Excellent project management, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to influence others.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals and/or groups in a collaborative manner
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Occasional Travel required