The Software Developer will work in an enthusiastic and progressive team setting and be an industry leader in the Electrical Wholesale channel supporting a large and dedicated customer base. The Software Developer will be responsible for day to day programming, development, maintenance, and troubleshooting of IDEA’s core customer facing web applications. This person must be able to function with minimal supervision and regularly operate under deadlines. This is a full-time position.
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Director of IT
Core Values: The following core operating values describe part of the organizational culture at IDEA and the public image that IDEA aims to hold itself accountable to and project to its customers in the way it conducts its business.
- Customers First
- Business to Business Learning and Information Sharing
- Power in Standard, Accurate and Reliable Information
- User Friendly Technology with Emphasis on Ease-Of-Use
- Daily programming, development, maintenance, monitoring, performance analysis, trouble shooting, problem resolution, and user assistance required of existing web applications and databases.
- Participate in Information Technology projects as a programmer analyst from inception through the daily maintenance phase of a project.
- Provide input into new and existing projects and interface with all levels of business to define as well as translate requirements into sound technical solutions, then ensure execution to deliver high quality development solutions.
- Make recommendations for future upgrades to IDEA’s IT infrastructure.
- Assist IT Manager as needed on special internal software development projects.
- Other projects as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- 2 years’ experience developing server-side web applications using Node.js.
- Experience in front-end web development using Angular/React + Redux
- Experience with a CSS framework like Bootstrap.
- Ability to write complex SQL queries and maintain SQL Server/MySQL/SQLite database tables and connectivity.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Systems or another related field preferred.
- Source control experience. SVN and/or GIT experience preferred.
- Experience in creating and consuming REST API’s
- Willingness to learn some C# and ASP.NET to help maintain legacy applications
- Ability to interact with individuals at different levels within the company.
- Self-driven team player with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
If you are interested in and qualify for this position, please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.