The Software Developer will work in an enthusiastic and progressive team setting for IDEA, an industry leader in the Electrical Wholesale channel supporting a large and dedicated customer base. The Software Developer will be responsible for day to day programming, development, maintenance, and troubleshooting of IDEA’s core customer facing web applications. This person must be able to function with minimal supervision and regularly operate under deadlines. This is a full-time position.
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: IDEA Senior Lead Developer
Core Values: The following core operating values describe part of the organizational culture at IDEA and the public image that IDEA aims to hold itself accountable to and project to its customers in the way it conducts its business.
- Daily programming, development, maintenance, monitoring, performance analysis, trouble shooting, problem resolution, and user assistance required of existing web applications and databases.
- Participate in Information Technology projects as a programmer analyst from inception through the daily maintenance phase of a project.
- Provide input into new and existing projects and interface with all levels of business to define as well as translate requirements into sound technical solutions, then ensure execution to deliver high quality development solutions.
- Assist as needed on special internal software development projects.
- Provide administration support and monitoring for the IDEA Connector platform
- Help create and run automated test cases
- Maintain program documentation
- Other projects as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Experience developing full stack applications using Node.js.
- Prefer some experience in front-end web development using Angular/React + Redux
- Ability to understand and write some SQL queries and maintain Microsoft SQL Server/MySQL/SQLite database tables and connectivity.
- Source control experience would be preferred.
- Understand concepts and implementation for REST API’s
- Fluent in English language
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new programming languages
- Self-driven team player with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid analytical skills.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com