Location: Headquartered in Arlington, VA, right outside Washington DC
Job Location: East Coast/ Chicago, IL
Position Type: Full time
Industry Data Exchange Assoc. (IDEA) unites experts and distributes data through automation. We provide manufacturers and distributors with the tools needed to effectively manage daily operations, resulting in lower costs, higher profits and more satisfied customers. IDEA was established in 1998 by the National Electronic Manufacturers Association (NEMA) and the National Association of Electrical Distributors (NAED). We are rooted to the electrical industry’s most influential organizations and are expanding into the industrial sector, since we are equipped to service all parts of the supply chain: from manufacturer to distributor to end user.
Our mission is to be a single source of complete, high-quality data that allows businesses to make the best decisions possible.
We are looking to hire a VP of Sales and Marketing who has the desire to join a company that is looking to drive growth and expansion into new markets and is innovative in their approach to sales, business development and revenue generation. Travel is expected to be about 40-50% and the compensation associated with this position is competitive with the market.
- Manage, coach and lead a team of 4 salespeople and a marketing department of 2.
- Drive sales into new industrial markets and maintain/increase current customer base.
- Drive business development resulting in new net revenue based on product launch plans, manage profitable organic revenue growth.
- Maintain sales costs within the target identified by the executive team.
- Responsible for overall sales growth within the targets identified by the executive team.
- Develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving company’s sales goals.
- Create a culture of success, ongoing business and goal achievement.
- Manage the sales teams, operations and resources to deliver profitable growth.
- Define and oversee sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets.
- Oversee the development of marketing and communication strategies and user conference to achieve company’s sales goals.
- Work with associations and buying groups to develop relationships in the market verticals IDEA is and will be operating in.
- 10 years of successful experience selling ERPs, Master Data Mgmt. Solutions and SaaS related to industrial products within the technology sector, or similar.
- Proven track record of bringing new products to market, sales at the CEO, CIO level.
- Effectively manage a team of 4+ salespeople.
- CRM experience to manage team sales tasks, pipeline, and closing.
- Business development within an industrial or technology focused firm.
- Product launch and deployment experience.
- BA or MBA preferred
- Strong ability to coach sales reps to higher performance
- Excels at selling intangible solutions into the B2B markets.
- Skilled at planning (strategic sales plan) and managing company’s revenue forecast.
- Skilled at building rapport and understanding business requirements of senior decision makers.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to a fast-paced environment of technological change.
- Team player, someone who thrives in a small high growth company environment.
Please forward a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.