Arlington, VA– May 28, 2008 – IDEA, an eCommerce service provider, today unveiled the list of speakers, topics and events for the IDEA E-Biz Forum 2008 and 10 year anniversary of the company. This year’s event will “Celebrate the Past and Accelerate the Future” while highlighting new technology trends that are impacting the future of integral business practices. The event will take place September 14-16, at the Gaylord National Resort in Washington D.C. Registration for the event is officially open.
“Some of the issues, topics and challenges that will be directly addressed at the Forum will focus on the theory that strategic business decisions are only as good as the data that drives them,” said Bob Gaylord, President and CEO, IDEA. “I am honored to be a part of this milestone year at IDEA.”
The IDEA E-Biz Forum brings in top experts to share their experiences and insight on how to grow a company’s bottom line and increase productivity through eCommerce programs and technology. The event is tailored to executives, business managers, product managers, sales and marketing and eCommerce managers.
The theme, “Celebrate the Past, Accelerate the Future”, will focus on the services, applications, businesses and technologies that are reshaping the industry and creating opportunities for supply chain partners to rethink the way they conduct business. The Forum is co-hosted by IDEA; the National Association of Electrical Distributors (NAED); the Electro-Federation Canada (EFC); the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA); and the National Electrical Manufacturers Representatives Association (NEMRA).
The event continues its broader general session program and introduces new executive session tracks.
Keynote presentations include:
- “Be an Innovator: Integrate Quality Throughout Your Organization” – Tim Sanders, Former CSO, YAHOO!
- “Data Synchronization: Size Doesn’t Matter” – Moderator: Gene Randall, Renowned Television Journalist; Industry Panel
- “Raising the Bar” – Wally Adamchik, President & CEO, Firestarter Speaking & Consulting
- “The Next Digital Decade” – Michael Rogers, Practical Futurist, MSNBC
- “Electroindustry Business Conditions Outlook” – Don Leavens, VP and Chief Economist, National Electrical Manufacturers Association
- “Celebrate the Past, Accelerate the Future” – Bob Gaylord, President and CEO, IDEA; Dave FitzGibbon, President and CEO, ILSCO Corporation
Some breakout sessions include:
- An Executive’s Guide for Leveraging Information as a Strategic Asset
- Beyond EDI – the Next Generation of eBusiness
- Business Process is the “What”, Technology Can Be a Big Part of the “How”
- Cash is King: Strategies to Maximize Your Cash Flow
- Data Pain… How to Diagnose and Treat Your Toughest Data Dilemmas
The annual Tech Center will run in conjunction with the event. This is a mini-tradeshow where technology companies can demonstrate their products and meet 1-on-1 with prospective clients. An iPod Touch will be awarded to the three attendees with the most booth visits.
The IDEA E-Biz Forum kicks off with a golf tournament at Renditions Golf Club on Sunday, September 14, and is followed by the Opening Reception and Tech Fair. Other evening networking events include “Casino Royale” at the Torpedo Factory art gallery, D.C Patriotic Tour and an evening gala to commemorate IDEA’s 10 year anniversary.
The IDEA E-Biz Forum 2009 will be held at The Westin La Poloma Resort and Spa, Tuscon, AZ, September 22-24.
Current sponsors of this event are: Activant, Sterling Commerce, Panduit Corporation, Rexel, Siemens Energy & Automation, Dakota Supply Group, Hoffman, Border States, Rockwell Automation, OSRAM SYLVANIA, Stibo Catalog, ILSCO, IMARK Group, Schneider Electric, Billtrust, Eaton, Datalliance, Electro Federation Canada, and General Electric.
IDEA (www.idea-esolutions.com) is the only standard-setting organization offering a full range of eCommerce products and services designed to drive supply network efficiencies, reduce costs, slash cycle times, and ensure standardized, timely, and accurate data. IDEA provides Industry Data Warehouse (IDW), a database of product, pricing, and marketing data; Industry Data Exchange (IDX), a centralized and standardized document exchange solution; Industry Retail Database (IRD) a central repository of manufacturer retail product data powered by CERICOMX® which helps users meet retailer mandates and consumer packaged goods (CPG) and GS1 US requirements; and the Data Audit and Certification (DAC) Program which assures the accuracy and completeness of the manufacturer data found in IDW.