The National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) handed out awards at the annual meeting, Illuminations, on November 4 and Affliated Distributors (A-D) recognized their top affiliates and suppliers during their annual division meetings this past September. We congratulate the many IDEA customers that were honored by our partner companies.
Bernard H. Falk Award
Joel A. Spira, founder, chairman, and director of research of Lutron Electronics, was awarded the 2010 Bernard H. Falk Award which recognizes an important contribution to the industry through technology, marketing, education, and public affairs. Spira formed Lutron Electronics in 1961 to market his invention of the first electronic solid state dimmer for incandescent lighting. It ultimately paved the way for contemporary digital lighting controls. He also invented the first electronic dimming ballast for fluorescent lamps, as well as hundreds of devices, systems, and processes for controlling electric and natural light. He is credited with 266 design patents and 226 utility patents.
Kite and Key Awards
Kite and Key Awards, which were established in 1987, recognize individuals from NEMA member companies who have advanced the interest of the electroindustry through active and sustained involvement in NEMA activities. This year’s recipients are John Goodsell, PE, vice president research and engineering at Hubbell Electrical Systems; Helen J. Harris, financial analyst at Schneider Electric; Frank K. Kitzantides, who has held various positions at NEMA, including senior vice president and chief technical officer; Vince Saporita, PE, vice president, technical sales at Cooper Bussmann; and Harry Solomon, interoperability architect at GE Healthcare.
Learn more about the winners in NEMA’s press release.
Affiliated Distributors (A-D) Spirit of Independence Awards
The 2010 Electrical Supply Division’s award winners:
- A-D MVP: Deb Ricci, Werner Electric Supply of Minnesota
- Affiliate of the Year, Performance: Hunzicker Brothers
- Affiliate of the Year, Leadership: Maureen Barsema, B.J. Electric
- Affiliate of the Year, Canada: Liteco Electrical Distributor
- Supplier of the Year, Performance: Panduit
- Supplier of the Year, Leadership: Bill Marshal, Leviton
- Supplier of the Year, Canada: IPEX
- Best Conversion to A-D Supplier: Eckart and Generac Power Systems
- Supplier of the Year, Marketing Excellence: RAB Lighting
- Best Annual Planning Process: North Coast Electric Company
Congratulations to all award recipients!
Content courtesy of the NEMA Communications and TED Magazine