Arlington, VA – IDEA, The Industry Data Exchange Association, announces the general sessions and education session topics for eBiz 2022, to be held March 7-9 in Chantilly, VA.
Held as a partnership with the National Association of Electrical Distributors (NAED), the IDEA eBiz conference brings together the digital and technology decision makers in electrical distribution and manufacturing. Through networking, education, and one-on-one sessions, attendees gain a competitive edge while learning to enhance their product data syndication and digital automation processes.
Distributors and manufacturers will receive the most value by bringing key team members in:
- EDI & Product Data Teams
All IDEA customers are recommended to send at least one key associate to participate. NAED also endorses attendance by their members.
eBiz 2022 Opening General Session (March 8)
Industry Leadership Panel: Thrive Digitally in a Post-COVID World
• Leaders from NAED, NEMA, EFC, and IDEA discuss the future of the industry and how technology can help companies thrive in a post-COVID world.
Moderator: David Oldfather, IDEA. Panelists: Brian DiBella, IDEA Past Chair & President, Electrical Wiring Systems, Legrand North America; Tom Naber, President & CEO, NAED; Debra Phillips, President & CEO, NEMA; James (Wes) Smith, Chairman, NAED & President, Mayer/Rexel; Larry Stern, IDEA Chair & President & CEO, Standard Electric Supply.
State of IDEA: Positioned for the Future
• David Oldfather, President and CEO of IDEA, gives an update on what IDEA is doing to help distributors succeed in today’s marketplace.
• Hear about IDEA’s top initiatives including improving data standards, simplifying data loading and extraction, and increasing the quantity of product content in one central location.
IDEA Connector Roadmap
• IDEA Connector℠ ushered in a new era of efficiency—and flexibility—for the industry when it went live in 2020.
• Be the first to see the plans for what’s coming next for IDEA…and how you can leverage it to compete in the marketplace.
eBiz 2022 General Session (March 9)
Keynote: Digital Transformation, Innovation, and the Future of Electrical Manufacturing and Distribution
• Hear top technology futurist Jack Shaw share how emerging technologies such as AI, the Internet of things, virtual reality, and blockchain will change the electrical industry.
• Gain the knowledge to develop your company’s digital transformation strategy so you can innovate rather than react.
Panel Discussion: Making the Case for Product Data within Your Company
• Hear how these marketing leaders from the industrial sector make the case for prioritizing product data projects.
• You’ll learn how companies look at product content, why it’s important to their business and how to share those powerful benefits with your own company leaders.
eBiz 2022 Education Topics
This meeting is packed with powerful sessions based on your feedback.
These are the session topic categories. Full session descriptions will be released soon.
IDEA Platform Education Sessions
Maximize IDEA Connector and IDEA Exchange with in-depth sessions on product content, EDI, and new features. Hear directly from IDEA’s experts, with stories and use cases from customers. Gain more out of your investment in IDEA.
Best Practices & Roundtables
Hear from fellow IDEA customers and gain actionable insights with real-life scenarios. Learn best practices that can boost your bottom line and help you overcome your real-world challenges.
Discover the latest in industry product content standards, including the upcoming Harmonized Data Model. From expanding attributes to categorization, data standards are shaping the future of the industry.
Data Intelligence & Digital Transformation
Hear from NAED’s team and industry experts about how to use data intelligence and digital transformation to gain a competitive edge. Gain insights from market data analysis, an industry economic outlook and a look at product data from big competitors like Home Depot and Amazon.
Get your questions answered by IDEA’s account management and client solutions teams. Connect personally to find out more on functionality, application, and how to best use the IDEA Connector and IDEA Exchange platforms. Limited time slots are available.
IDEA eBiz 2022 is packed with valuable education and networking for the electrical industry’s technology, operations, and data teams. In previous years, eBiz has attracted 200+ attendees and numerous sponsors from top-performing, innovative companies.
eBiz 2022 also features a popular technology product and services expo, the Innovation Hub, with booths by service providers and manufacturers. An IDEA Expert Bar will also be available for customers to get their most pressing questions answered.
The eBiz 2022 early bird registration deadline is January 31, 2022. First-time attendees can receive an additional $100 off now.
For additional information or to register, visit the IDEA eBiz website.
NAED is the trade association for the $70+ billion electrical distribution industry. Through networking, education, research, and benchmarking, NAED helps electrical distributors increase profitability and improve the channel. NAED’s membership operates in approximately 5,100 locations internationally.
The Industry Data Exchange Association, Inc. (IDEA) is the official technology service provider and eBusiness standards body of the electrical industry. IDEA helps hundreds of manufacturers and distributors effectively and efficiently exchange transactional and eCommerce content on a day-to-day basis. IDEA was founded in 1998 through a partnership formed by the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) and the National Association of Electrical Distributors (NAED). Their applications also bring value to vertical markets such as industrial, retail, and consumer-packaged goods. IDEA is headquartered in Arlington, VA (idea4industry.com).