The independent voice of electrical distribution celebrates 90 years of publishing this month. IDEA is mentioned as one of the many influencers to change the electrical market since then – see trends #5 and #8. Here are EW‘s picks for the trends that have had the most impact on the electrical wholesaling industry:
- The electrification of the U.S. creates demand for electrical products.
- Acquisitions shape the industry.
- Distributor policy: How Thomas & Betts and Allen-Bradley set the tone in the early years.
- Electrical distributors learn from the masters and incorporate professional merchandising into their counter areas.
- The industry really did exist before computerization.
- Buying/marketing groups survive and thrive.
- The rep revival.
- The industry learns to blend clicks with bricks.
- The flow of new products helps distributor’s customers work faster, safer and more profitability.
- The power of the entrepreneur.
Read the complete article, "10 Trends that Changed the Electrical Market" by Jim Lucy, Chief Editor.