The Data Audit & Certification Professional service was created to help manufacturers consistently populate and maintain quality product information in the IDW Data Synchronization Platform. Find out how IDEA has worked with manufacturers to add value through this service.
Questions for manufacturers to consider:
- Is your product information in IDW outdated, inaccurate and/or incomplete? What is your company’s definition of current and accurate? Does your interpretation meet your distributors’ expectations?
- Do you struggle with what type of product information to populate in IDW?
- Are you unsure of how to properly format data to load into IDW?
- Do you hear complaints from distributors about the quality of your data in IDW?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, you may want to consider taking advantage of our data quality service. If you’ve used the service in the past, we encourage you to take a look at what’s changed. A few recent improvements:
- Dedicated Data Quality Analyst (DQA)
- All manufacturers that sign up for the service are assigned a dedicated Data Quality Analyst who proactively follows up on Load Summary reports and helps correct any errors that may occur.
- Your DQA is available to format and load data for you when you don’t have the time.
- Your DQA can help answer any questions you have about your product information including how and/or what to populate.
- Your DQA’s ultimate goal is to make sure you load the highest quality data in the most efficient way.
- Monthly report on the status of your data
- The report includes data quality metrics to help you prioritize your data improvements.
- It also provides a percentage of population total for key fields your distributors have requested. For example, you can find out the percentage of your products in IDW that have the UNSPSC code populated at the category level or the percentage that have a catalog description.
In addition, all manufacturers that use this data quality service will be labeled as “Certified” in IDW which is displayed for all your distributor trading partners. Your distributors will know that you take data quality seriously and that they can expect fewer order errors when using your product information to place orders.
If you are interested in learning more about the changes to this data quality professional service, please contact your account manager. Additional service enhancements will be implemented in 2011.