Content courtesy of NAED
NAED recently conducted a co-branded survey with the Independent Electrical Contractors (IEC) Association and the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) to gather data about how electrical contractors use technology. The survey results are now available on NAED’s Strategic Technology site.
The survey can be used by electrical distributors to create more value for electrical contractors, make the supply chain more efficient, and reduce costs for all parties involved.
Survey questions encompassed five general categories:
- Online Business Activities
- Important Website Features
- Searching for Electrical Products Online
- Use of Mobile Technology
While individual responses are confidential, 77% of respondents are 45 or older and 65% of respondents have more than 25 years’ experience in the industry.
- Over 90% of electrical contractors go online to search online product catalogs, research products & applications, and check prices and/or request quotes.
- 68% of electrical contractors use a supplier’s website to obtain information needed to do their jobs either daily, monthly or weekly. 32% rarely or never use a supplier’s website.
- Availability of product specification sheets, easy website searching, technical drawings, online catalog(s), and current price ranked as the most important website features in enabling electrical contractors to easily accomplish their job.