ARLINGTON, VA – IDEA (www.idea-esolutions.com),
the official technology service provider of the electrical industry,
today announced its new officers and directors for 2012-2013.
The IDEA Board of Directors elected Steve Sokolow, Chairman of the
Board, Leviton, as the IDEA Chairman of the Board for 2012-2013. He
previously served on the IDEA Board as the Vice Chairman from 2011-2012
and Treasurer from 2010-2011.
"Over the next year, IDEA’s #1 priority will continue to be
collaborating with manufacturers to populate marketing content in the
IDW. We’ll also work together to provide the industry with innovative
technology applications that integrate systems across the supply chain,
from manufacturer, through distributor, to the end-user, to meet their
evolving needs," said Sokolow.
Prior to being named Board Chairman at Leviton, Sokolow served as
Executive Vice President in which he directed Leviton’s manufacturing,
engineering, distribution and information technology operations. He has
been the driving force behind many process improvements during his
50-year career at Leviton spanning all disciplines and areas of the
company. Sokolow also serves as a member of the Board of the Electrical
Safety Foundation International (ESFi) and is a recipient of Electrical
Wholesaling magazine’s prestigious Ganzenmuller Electrical Marketing
Outgoing IDEA Chairman, Larry Stern, served in the position from
2011-2012 and will continue to serve on the Board as a voting director.
"I really appreciate the focus and enthusiasm of the IDEA staff and
Board over the last year. Collectively, with the support of over 100
electrical manufacturers, we more than doubled the marketing content
available in the Industry Data Warehouse (IDW) which is an
accomplishment I’m very proud to have helped lead," said Larry Stern,
President and CEO, Standard Electric Supply Co. (WI).
IDEA welcomes one new officer: Wes Smith, President, Mayer Electric
Supply, and four new voting directors: Jack Lawson, President and CEO,
Electrical Equipment Co., Jack Carlson, President, Electrical Division,
Southwire, and Vernon Nagel, Chairman, President, and CEO,
Acuity Brands Inc., and Bob Siegel, VP, Investment and Inventory
The 2012-2013 IDEA Officers: (* Denotes Non-voting Director)
- Chairman: Steve Sokolow, Chairman of the Board, Leviton
- Vice Chairman: John Burke, President and COO, Kirby Risk Electrical Supply
- Treasurer: Valerie Jones, VP of Customer Service and Inside Sales, OSRAM SYLVANIA
- Secretary: Wes Smith, President, Mayer Electric Supply
- President: Robert Gaylord, President and CEO, IDEA*
Additional Voting Directors:
- Phil Barrios, Sr. Director, Corporate Marketing and eBusiness, Hubbell, Inc.
- Jack Carlson, President, Electrical Division, Southwire
- Jack Lawson, President and CEO, Electrical Equipment Co.
- Vernon Nagel, Chairman, President, and CEO, Acuity Brands Inc.
- Bob Siegel, VP, Investment and Inventory Management, Graybar
- Larry Stern, President and CEO, Standard Electric Supply Co.
Additional Non-voting Directors:
- Evan Gaddis, President and CEO, NEMA
- Tom Naber, President and CEO, NAED