ARLINGTON, VA – IDEA, the official technology service provider of the electrical industry, announces the new 2013 criteria for the IDW Bands of Excellence and the new banded manufacturers. The 2013 bands have been tightened from the original ranges defined in 2012 to more closely align with the NAED Supplier Scorecards. The manufacturers recognized this year are providing essential marketing content (SAID elements: spec sheets, attributes, images, descriptions) for 85-100% of their stock products.
"Since the Bands of Excellence program began last summer, marketing content in the IDW has increased more than tenfold. While distributors are recognizing this progress, they still see gaps in product information that is vital to the success of their web storefronts. These new more rigorous banding levels were designed to communicate the rapidly-evolving expectations of buyers, and recognize the manufacturers that are meeting or exceeding those expectations," said Bob Gaylord, President and CEO, IDEA.
Manufacturers recognized below are the first to be banded according to the new 2013 IDW Bands of Excellence criteria:
- Platinum: 100% stock products in the IDW populated with all SAID elements
- Allied Moulded Products, Inc.; Anamet Electrical, Inc.; Anamet Canada, Inc.; BURNDY; Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Business; Eaton’s Cooper Lighting Business; Electri-Flex; Hubbell – Killark; Hubbell – Lenoir City; Legrand – Pass & Seymour; Schneider Electric
- Gold: 95-99% stock products in the IDW populated with all SAID elements
- Hubbell – RACO; Hubbell – Wiegmann; ILSCO Corporation; Legrand – Cablofil; Southwire Company
- Silver: 90-94% stock products in the IDW populated with all SAID elements
- Eaton’s B-Line Business – Canada; EGS Electrical Group; Eiko; Federal Signal Corporation; ProSoft Technology; Universal Lighting Technologies
- Bronze: 85-89% stock products in the IDW populated with all SAID elements
- Eaton’s Bussmann Business – Canada; EasyHeat; Hubbell – Bryant Electric; Pentair Technical Products – Hoffman Enclosures and McLean Cooling brands; Philips Lighting Company; RAB Lighting; R-K Electronics; Specified Technologies, Inc. (STI)
"The 2013 banding criteria addresses the proliferation of eCommerce websites and associated demand from end users. This marketing content is essential for distributors to stay competitive, and will help us get the right products in front of buyers while they are searching online. On behalf of all distributors, I’m extremely appreciative for the exceptional leadership and support the 2013 banded manufacturers have demonstrated to the channel, and look forward to a growing Bands of Excellence program in 2013," said Jeff Skiles, Director of Information Technology and Shared Services, Kirby Risk Electrical Supply, and IDEA Innovation Advisory Council Chairman.
The new banding criteria also has more stringent requirements for attribute population than before, and additional rigor will be added to the banding criteria as end user needs evolve. Visit IDEA’s website to view all banded manufacturers and learn more about the changes that have been made to this program. This list will be continually updated as progress is made by the manufacturers.
About IDEA: The Industry Data Exchange Association, Inc. (IDEA) is the official technology service provider and eBusiness standards body of the electrical industry. The company helps thousands of manufacturers and distributors find the most cost-effective methods for running day-to-day business. IDEA’s applications help connect the supply chain and make business processes efficient, easy and enjoyable for people every day. IDEA was founded in 1998 through a partnership rooted in the collective leadership of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) and the National Association of Electrical Distributors (NAED) members. Their applications also bring value to vertical markets such as industrial, retail, and consumer-packaged goods. IDEA is headquartered in Arlington, VA (idea-esolutions.com).