Jack Carlson, EVP & President, North American Business of Southwire, Named IDEA Chairman
ARLINGTON, VA – The Industry Data Exchange Association, Inc. (IDEA) announced its 2014-2015 Board of Directors today. The Board includes eight voting directors and two non-voting observers appointed by the National Association of Electrical Distributors (NAED) and the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA).
The Board elected Jack Carlson, Executive Vice President and President, North American Business, Southwire, as Chairman and Wes Smith, President, Mayer Electric Supply, as Vice Chairman. Carlson previously served on the IDEA Board as a voting director in 2012 and 2013.
“It’s an honor to serve as the Chair of the IDEA Board alongside some of the best leaders and innovators in the electrical industry. We’re committed to IDEA’s position as the industry’s preferred source for eBusiness and product content,” said Carlson. “IDEA has made significant progress through the industry’s ‘Innovating for the Future’ plan, and I’m enthusiastic to continue this momentum in 2014.”
Carlson manages all sales, marketing and product development efforts within Southwire’s Electrical, Energy, OEM and Industrial divisions. He also directs Southwire’s research and development program. Carlson began his career in the electrical industry in 1979 as a construction field sales representative for Square D Company.
The 2014-2015 IDEA Officers:
- Chairman: Jack Carlson, EVP & President, North American Business, Southwire
- Vice Chairman: Wes Smith, President, Mayer Electric Supply
- Treasurer: David Rosenstein, President & CEO, Connexion
- Secretary: Ted Crandall, Senior VP & CFO, Rockwell Automation
NAED-Appointed Board Members:
- Phil Hale, CIO, Elliott Electric Supply
- David Rosenstein, President & CEO, Connexion
- Bob Siegel, Vice President of Investment & Inventory Management, Graybar
- Wes Smith, President, Mayer Electric Supply
NEMA-Appointed Board Members:
- Jack Carlson, EVP & President, North American Business, Southwire
- Ted Crandall, Senior VP & CFO, Rockwell Automation
- Chris Curtis, Senior Advisor, Schneider Electric
- Tom Gross, Vice Chairman & COO, Eaton Corporation
Bethany L. Sullivan was selected as the NAED Observer and Don Leavens, Vice President and Chief Economist, NEMA, was selected as the NEMA Observer.
About IDEA: The Industry Data Exchange Association, Inc. (IDEA) is the official technology service provider and eBusiness standards body of the electrical industry. The company helps thousands of manufacturers and distributors find the most cost-effective methods for running day-to-day business. IDEA’s applications help connect the supply chain and make business processes efficient, easy and enjoyable for people every day. IDEA was founded in 1998 through a partnership rooted in the collective leadership of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) and the National Association of Electrical Distributors (NAED) members. Their applications also bring value to vertical markets such as industrial, retail, and consumer-packaged goods. IDEA is headquartered in Arlington, VA (idea4industry.com).