Ronald D. Schlader, Vice President of Operations and Quality at Crescent Electric Supply Company, named IDEA Chairman
The IDEA Board of Directors elected Ronald D. Schlader, vice president of operations and quality at Crescent Electric Supply Company in East Dubuque, IL, as the IDEA Chairman of the Board for 2009-2010. Schlader previously held the Vice-Chair position and has been involved with IDEA since its inception in 1998. He has served on several committees and task forces for both IDEA and the National Association of Electrical Distributors (NAED).
“I am a long-time advocate of synchronizing data between manufacturers, distributors, manufacturer reps and end-users. Our company and many of our trading partners have experienced significant benefits of reduced manual intervention first hand. IDEA has tremendous momentum going forward with several key projects being finalized and rolled out. I take this role very seriously and will work hard to improve the effectiveness of IDEA’s capabilities and services that will help our industry increase sales growth opportunities and decrease operational costs,” said Schlader.
Outgoing IDEA Chairman, David J. FitzGibbon, CEO, ILSCO Corporation, who served at this position from 2008-2009 will continue to serve on the 2009-2010 Board as a voting director.
“It has been a privilege to serve as the IDEA Chairman and as a member of the Strategic Planning Task Force during a monumental year in IDEA’s history. We ended the first decade with a reevaluation of the electrical industry’s business needs, resulting in a new strategic direction for 2009-2011. IDEA’s focused mission is to drive costs out of the electrical supply chain as the electrical industry’s standards-setting, data synchronization, and eCommerce service provider.” said FitzGibbon. “IDEA has already made tremendous progress toward the goals of the current plan through the development and education of the Electrical Industry Product Attribute Schema standards and Net Pricing standards. Complete data synchronization is readily within reach.”
“I’m extremely appreciative to the 2008-2009 Board and thank them for their leadership, vision and wisdom in creating IDEA’s strategic plan and direction for the future. As IDEA embarks upon a new decade with leadership and oversight from the 2009-2010 Board, we will continue to enhance our services and keep a steady focus on communicating with and creating value for our customers,” said Bob Gaylord, president and CEO, IDEA.
The 2009-2010 IDEA Officers:
- Ron Schlader, IDEA Chairman – Vice President of Operations and Quality, Crescent Electric Supply Co.
- Del Nickel, IDEA Vice Chairman – President, Hoffman Enclosures Inc.
- Larry Stern, IDEA Treasurer – President and CEO, Standard Electric Supply Co. (WI)
- Phil Barrios, IDEA Secretary – Sr. Director, Corporate Marketing and E-Business, Hubbell, Inc.
- Robert Gaylord, IDEA President – President and CEO, IDEA
The 2009-2010 IDEA Board of Directors:
- Phil Barrios, Sr. Director, Corporate Marketing and E-Business, Hubbell, Inc.
- Dave FitzGibbon, CEO, ILSCO Corporation
- Valerie Jones, Vice President of Customer Service and Inside Sales, OSRAM SYLVANIA
- Del Nickel, President, Hoffman Enclosures Inc.
- Ron Schlader, Vice President of Operations and Quality, Crescent Electric Supply Co.
- Larry Stern, President and CEO, Standard Electric Supply Co. (WI)
- Greg Thrall, Sr. Vice President, Operations, Border States Electric
- James Tinker, Manager, Master File Maintenance Officer, Rexel, Inc.
- Joe Wallace, Data Pricing Administration Manager, Van Meter Industrial, Inc.
The 2009-2010 Non-voting Directors:
- Tom Naber, President and CEO, National Association of Electrical Distributors
- Evan Gaddis, President, National Electrical Manufacturers Association
- Robert Gaylord, President and CEO, IDEA
IDEA (www.idea-esolutions.com) is the only standard-setting organization offering a full range of eCommerce products and services designed to drive supply network efficiencies, reduce costs, slash cycle times, and ensure standardized, timely, and accurate data. IDEA provides Industry Data Warehouse (IDW), a database of product, pricing, and marketing data; Industry Data Exchange (IDX), a centralized and standardized document exchange solution; Industry Retail Database (IRD) a central repository of manufacturer retail product data powered by CERICOMX® which helps users meet retailer mandates and consumer packaged goods (CPG) and GS1 US requirements; and the Data Audit and Certification (DAC) Program which assures the accuracy and completeness of the manufacturer data found in IDW.