Arlington, VA – April 15, 2010 – IDEA, a business-to-business eCommerce solution and professional service provider, today announced its new Officers and Directors for 2010-2011. The IDEA Board of Directors elected Delton D. Nickel, former president of Pentair’s Technical Products global business unit (GBU) in Anoka, Minnesota, as the IDEA Chairman of the Board for 2010-2011. He previously served on the Board as the Vice Chair from 2009-2010 and Secretary from 2008-2009.
Nickel brings over 40 years of experience in the electrical industry, including a distinguished 18-year career at Pentair. His retirement was announced by Pentair March 2010. He is active in the National Association of Electrical Distributors (NAED) Manufacturing Advisory Board and is a member of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) Board of Governors.
"I’m delighted for the opportunity to work closely with the IDEA team and my fellow Board members. Electrical manufacturers and distributors are positioned to fully maximize collaborative solutions like the attribute schema and realize significant savings from their use," said Nickel.
Outgoing IDEA Chairman, Ronald D. Schlader, vice president of operations and quality at Crescent Electric Supply Company, served in the position from 2009-2010 and will continue to serve on the 2010-2011 Board as a voting director.
"It has been a tremendous honor to serve as the IDEA Chairman during a year where we’ve seen significant progress. Under Bob’s leadership, the IDEA team has focused in on the most important needs of the supply chain. Cost savings will be realized now more than ever thanks to the efforts of many in developing standards for product categorization and attributed product data," said Schlader.
David J. FitzGibbon, Vice Chairman and CEO of ILSCO Corporation, will be departing the Board after serving as a voting director for three years. He served as Chair from 2008-2009 and Vice Chair from 2007-2008. He will continue to provide vision and leadership to the industry in his role as Vice Chairman of the NEMA Board of Governors. "I have enjoyed helping IDEA accomplish its strategic goals for the last three years. The 2010-2011 Board is actively engaged in the next steps to evolve IDEA’s vision for future industry improvement," said FitzGibbon.
Joe Wallace, data/pricing administration manager of Van Meter Industrial Inc., will be departing the Board after serving as a voting director for two years. He will continue to stay involved in the IDEA Industry Standards Committee as the Data Content & Quality Sub-Committee Chair. "Our industry is uniquely set apart by having a dedicated solution and service provider. I feel blessed to be this close to the pulse of IDEA and to have had the opportunity to give direction and vision by serving on the Board alongside prominent distributors and manufacturers," said Wallace.
IDEA welcomes two new voting directors: Stephen Sokolow, Chairman of the Board, Leviton Manufacturing Company, Inc. and John Teipen, Director of eBusiness, Graybar Electric Company, Inc.
"The 2009-2010 Board, with Ron Schlader’s leadership, demonstrated their passion for innovation and progress by creating opportunities for industry growth during a challenging economic year. I’m grateful for their thought leadership and guidance as IDEA developed new solutions and service offerings, revolutionizing the way trading partners can communicate and do business. The 2010-2011 Board that is inspired and driven by the electrical channel, will continue to leverage communities and partnerships to increase value and solve problems for the channel and individual companies," said Bob Gaylord, president and CEO, IDEA.
The 2010-2011 IDEA Officers:
- Chairman: Del Nickel, former President (retired), Pentair’s Technical Products global business unit (GBU)
- Vice Chairman: Larry Stern, President and CEO, Standard Electric Supply Co.
- Treasurer: Stephen Sokolow, Chairman of the Board, Leviton Manufacturing Co.
- Secretary: James Tinker, Manager, Master File Maintenance Office, Rexel, Inc.
- President: Robert Gaylord, President and CEO, IDEA
The 2010-2011 IDEA Board of Directors:
- Phil Barrios, Sr. Director, Corporate Marketing and eBusiness, Hubbell, Inc.
- Valerie Jones, Vice President of Customer Service and Inside Sales, OSRAM SYLVANIA
- Greg Linder, Vice President, Sales Operations and Customer Support, Lutron Electronics
- Del Nickel, former President (retired), Pentair’s Technical Products global business unit (GBU)
- Ron Schlader, Vice President of Operations and Quality, Crescent Electric Supply Co.
- Stephen Sokolow, Chairman of the Board, Leviton Manufacturing Co.
- Larry Stern, President and CEO, Standard Electric Supply Co.
- John Teipen, Director of eBusiness, Graybar
- Greg Thrall, Sr. Vice President, Operations, Border States Electric
- James Tinker, Manager, Master File Maintenance Office, Rexel, Inc.
The 2010-2011 Non-voting Directors:
- Tom Naber, President and CEO, NAED
- Evan Gaddis, President and CEO, NEMA
- Robert Gaylord, President and CEO, IDEA
Our deep category knowledge was born of the electrical industry in 1998. IDEA was founded through a partnership rooted in the collective leadership, vision, wisdom and expertise of the National Association of Electrical Distributors (NAED) and the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) members. IDEA is the official eCommerce standards creating and setting body for the electrical industry and those same standards translate to other industries. Our eCommerce and Business-to-Business, Synchronization, Standards Adoption, and Professional solutions and services optimize your business to run lean, gain efficiency, synchronize data flow, streamline processes and standardize systems. Our knowledge of the players, realities, challenges, and opportunities provide a powerful consulting partner to make the right decisions to Unleash the Power of e and position you solidly for success in today’s business environment (www.idea-esolutions.com).
- IDEA Board Meeting March 2010
- Schlader and Gaylord Welcome Nickel as 2010-2011 Chairman
- Schlader and Gaylord Present Departing Gift to FitzGibbon
- Schlader and Gaylord Present Departing Gift to Wallace