ARLINGTON, VA – IDEA (www.idea-esolutions.com), a business-to-business technology service provider owned by the electrical industry, today announced its new officers and directors for 2011-2012.
The IDEA Board of Directors elected Larry Stern, president and CEO of Standard Electric Supply Co. in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, as the IDEA Chairman of the Board for 2011-2012. He previously served on the Board as the Vice Chair from 2010-2011 and Treasurer from 2008-2010.
"The Board is energized by the renewed efforts of IDEA to take the Attribute Schema to the next level. It’s the Board’s priority to help the industry work together to provide and utilize the attributed marketing information that is needed to stay competitive. IDEA’s forward-thinking mindset will also result in new and improved products and services in 2011-2012 that I believe will set the electrical channel apart," said Stern.
Stern has been with Standard Electric Supply Co. since 1989 and has held the position of president since 1994. He is actively involved with the National Association of Electrical Distributors (NAED) as a member of the Board of Directors, and he serves on the Affiliated Distributors (A-D) Electrical Division Board and SupplyFORCE Board of Directors. He also participates on several distributor advisory councils with electrical equipment manufacturers.
Outgoing IDEA Chairman, Delton D. Nickel, former president (retired) of Pentair’s Technical Products, served in the position from 2010-2011 and will continue to serve on the 2011-2012 Board as a voting director.
"I appreciate the insightful dialogue that is happening between manufacturer and distributor leaders on the IDEA Board and committees. I thrive off overcoming the challenges we face in our efforts to integrate and synchronize product information and systems," said Nickel. "As a new retiree, serving on the IDEA Board is an ideal way for me to stay connected and give back to the industry I am passionate about."
IDEA welcomes two new officers: John Burke, president and COO, Kirby Risk Electrical Supply and Valerie Jones, VP of customer service and inside sales, OSRAM SYLVANIA, and one new voting director, Wes Smith, president, Mayer Electric Supply Co.
The 2011-2012 IDEA Officers: (* Denotes Non-voting Director)
- Chairman: Larry Stern, President and CEO, Standard Electric Supply Co. (WI)
- Vice Chairman: Stephen Sokolow, Chairman of the Board, Leviton Manufacturing Co.
- Treasurer: John Burke, President and COO, Kirby Risk Electrical Supply
- Secretary: Valerie Jones, Vice President of Customer Service and Inside Sales, OSRAM SYLVANIA
- President: Robert Gaylord, President and CEO, IDEA*
Additional Voting Directors:
- Phil Barrios, Sr. Director, Corporate Marketing and eBusiness, Hubbell, Inc.
- Greg Linder, Vice President, Sales Operations and Customer Support, Lutron Electronics
- Del Nickel, former President (retired), Pentair’s Technical Products global business unit (GBU)
- Wes Smith, President, Mayer Electric Supply Co.
- John Teipen, Director of eBusiness, Graybar
- Greg Thrall, Sr. Vice President, Operations, Border States Electric
Additional Non-voting Directors:
- Tom Naber, President and CEO, NAED
- Evan Gaddis, President and CEO, NEMA
- Gaylord with outgoing and incoming Chairs – from right: Del Nickel, Robert Gaylord, Larry Stern
- Gaylord welcomes Stern as 2011-2012 Chair – from right: Robert Gaylord, Larry Stern
About IDEA: Our deep category knowledge was born of the electrical industry in 1998. IDEA was founded through a partnership rooted in the collective leadership, vision, wisdom and expertise of the National Association of Electrical Distributors (NAED) and the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) members. IDEA is the official eCommerce standards creating and setting body for the electrical industry and those same standards translate to other industries. Our Business-to-Business eCommerce, Synchronization, Standards Adoption, and Professional solutions and services optimize your business to run lean, gain efficiency, synchronize data flow, streamline processes and standardize systems. Our knowledge of the players, realities, challenges, and opportunities provide a powerful consulting partner to make the right decisions to Unleash the Power of e and position you solidly for success in today’s business environment (www.idea-esolutions.com).