Electrical Wholesaling has been working hard to help electrical manufacturers and distributors get through the economic downturn and come out on top. Their published research findings in the February and March editions recognize electronic data interchange (EDI) and Industry Data Warehouse (IDW) as ways to differentiate your company from competition.
A call to action for manufacturers and distributors based on results from a research study completed by Farmington Consulting Group can be found in the February edition. The study highlights key factors that manufacturers and distributors value most from each other.
The distributor to-do list includes a section on “distributor business processes” which highlights that a significant amount of manufacturers want to do business with electrical distributors that:
- Drive their efficiencies through technologies that mutually reduce operating and transaction costs.
- Provide compatible systems to the manufacturer through EDI and IDW.
Similarly, the manufacturer to-do list includes a section on “ease of doing business and world-class logistics”. The majority of distributors surveyed want to do business with manufacturers who provide hassle-free methods while reducing the cost of doing business by:
- Using a well-developed EDI system with all the standard and industry-accepted transaction sets for transactional excellence.
- Providing reliable, consistent supply chain support including providing best-practice order fill, order accuracy and on-time delivery rates.
- Operating user-friendly websites with reliable up-to-date information.
- View the complete “Call to Action” article
Furthermore, an excerpt from the Electrical Marketer’s Survival Guide in the March issue highlights 50 ways to add value to your company and stand out from competitors. Among the items on the checklist are a few things IDEA can help you achieve:
- Providing accurate, timely pricing information.
- Providing product information, catalogs and technical bulletins in either printed or online form (PDFs, electronic catalogs, etc).
- Providing accurate computerized information for customers.
- Taking orders through EDI to cut down on paperwork errors.
- Maintaining a website that offers 24-hour access to product information, order status, company services, etc. Give yourself an extra point if you utilize IDEA’s IDW.
- View complete list
IDEA recognizes the need to gain a competitive edge and save money in a down economy and we are ready to help you reach your goals related to data synchronization and eCommerce. Give your account manager a call to find out how we can help you check off these items from your to-do list.