The IDEA Board of Directors elected Delton D. Nickel, former president of Pentair’s Technical Products global business unit (GBU) in Anoka, Minnesota, as the IDEA Chairman of the Board for 2010-2011. He previously served on the Board as the Vice Chair from 2009-2010 and Secretary from 2008-2009.
“I’m delighted for the opportunity to work closely with the IDEA team and my fellow Board members. Electrical manufacturers and distributors are positioned to fully maximize collaborative solutions like the attribute schema and realize significant savings from their use,” said Nickel.
Outgoing IDEA Chairman, Ronald D. Schlader, vice president of operations and quality at Crescent Electric Supply Company, served in the position from 2009-2010 and will continue to serve on the 2010-2011 Board as a voting director.
“It has been a tremendous honor to serve as the IDEA Chairman during a year where we’ve seen significant progress. Under Bob’s leadership, the IDEA team has focused in on the most important needs of the supply chain. Cost savings will be realized now more than ever thanks to the efforts of many in developing standards for product categorization and attributed product data,” said Schlader.
“The 2009-2010 Board, with Ron Schlader’s leadership, demonstrated their passion for innovation and progress by creating opportunities for industry growth during a challenging economic year. I’m grateful for their thought leadership and guidance as IDEA developed new solutions and service offerings, revolutionizing the way trading partners can communicate and do business. The 2010-2011 Board that is inspired and driven by the electrical channel, will continue to leverage communities and partnerships to increase value and solve problems for the channel and individual companies,” said Bob Gaylord, president and CEO, IDEA.
The 2010-2011 IDEA Officers:
- Chairman: Del Nickel, former President (retired), Pentair’s Technical Products global business unit (GBU)
- Vice Chairman: Larry Stern, President and CEO, Standard Electric Supply Co.
- Treasurer: Stephen Sokolow, Chairman of the Board, Leviton Manufacturing Co.
- Secretary: James Tinker, Manager, Master File Maintenance Office, Rexel, Inc.
- President: Robert Gaylord, President and CEO, IDEA
The 2010-2011 IDEA Board of Directors:
- Phil Barrios, Sr. Director, Corporate Marketing and eBusiness, Hubbell, Inc.
- Valerie Jones, Vice President of Customer Service and Inside Sales, OSRAM SYLVANIA
- Greg Linder, Vice President, Sales Operations and Customer Support, Lutron Electronics
- Del Nickel, former President (retired), Pentair’s Technical Products global business unit (GBU)
- Ron Schlader, Vice President of Operations and Quality, Crescent Electric Supply Co.
- Stephen Sokolow, Chairman of the Board, Leviton Manufacturing Co.
- Larry Stern, President and CEO, Standard Electric Supply Co.
- John Teipen, Director of eBusiness, Graybar
- Greg Thrall, Sr. Vice President, Operations, Border States Electric
- James Tinker, Manager, Master File Maintenance Office, Rexel, Inc.
The 2010-2011 Non-voting Directors:
- Tom Naber, President and CEO, NAED
- Evan Gaddis, President and CEO, NEMA
- Robert Gaylord, President and CEO, IDEA