Terms & Conditions
This Web site is provided by Industry Data Exchange Association (IDEA) and may be used for informational purposes only. By viewing pages or downloading materials on the site, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions set forth in this notice. If you do not agree to abide by these terms and conditions do not use the site or download materials from the site.
The pages on the IDEA website may contain other proprietary notices or copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed. All information, text, articles, data, images, or other works of authorship (hereinafter “Works”) contained on any page of IDEA’s website are copyrighted by the Industry Data Exchange Association or a third-party (the “Copyright Holder”). Title to copyright in these Works remains with the Copyright Holder at all times.
Your use of Copyrighted Works
You may only use, download, or copy the Works found on IDEA’s website in compliance with these terms and conditions. Except as provided herein, any reproduction, distribution, or retransmission of any information contained on this site without the prior written consent of IDEA is prohibited.
Permission to display, copy and/or download any Works, excluding the IDEA logos, on IDEA’s website is granted, provided that:
- This copyright notice appears on the copy or display: “Copyright 2001 Industry Data Exchange Association. Reprinted with permission.” The copyright symbol “©” may be used in place of the word “copyright.”
- Use or reproduction is for informational or personal use only, and
- No modifications of any Works are made.
You may not edit, modify, or make use of the Works without the express, prior written consent of IDEA.
You may not use any content contained in the Works in any manner that may give false or misleading impression or statement as to IDEA, the Copyright Holder, or any third party referenced in any Work, or which falsely disparages any product made by any company, whether or not they are a member of IDEA.
Nothing on IDEA’s website shall be construed as conferring any license under any Copyright Holder’s property rights, either expressly or impliedly.
IDEA may modify the foregoing terms at any time, and IDEA may revoke any of the foregoing rights as well as any use or access authorizations granted to users of this site at any time.
You acknowledge and agree that (i) IDEA’s trademarks and name, including, but not limited to, IDEA, mark, IDEA’s website and its contents are and shall remain the sole property of IDEA; (ii) nothing in this Agreement shall give you any right of ownership in the Marks or IDEA’s Web site; (iii) you shall not now or in the future contest the validity of the Marks; and (iv) you shall not take any action that would impair the value or goodwill associated with the Marks or IDEA’s image or reputation; you shall not use the Marks in any way that might be misleading including, without limitation, stating or implying that goods or services are certified by IDEA.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold IDEA, its trustees, officers, employees and agents from and against any claims, demands, damages, causes of action, loss or judgments arising from your breach of this agreement or your hyperlink to IDEA’s website.
You expressly agree that the use of IDEA’s materials, marks and web site is at your sole risk. IDEA does not warrant that its service will be uninterrupted or error free, IDEA provides this access “as is” without warranty of any kind. IDEA disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited, to the implied warranty of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event will IDEA be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages including, but not limited to, loss of profit, loss of data, loss of business or other loss arising out of or resulting from this agreement or the use of any of the materials or marks under this agreement or access to any of the services described in this agreement even if IDEA has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing shall apply regardless of the negligence of IDEA and regardless of whether such liability is found in contracts, negligence, tort or any theory of liability.
Notice of Infringement
If you believe that your work (or the work of a third party on whose behalf you are entitled to act) has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please file a copyright infringement notice with us. The notice should be in writing and include, in the order set out below, the following:
- A statement that you have identified material on a service that infringes your copyright (or infringes the copyright of a third party on whose behalf you are entitled to act);
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, which should include the type of work (such as a photo or document) and any relevant further details (such as the title and date of publication, as applicable);
- The country or countries to which your copyright applies;
- A description of the way in which the copyright material has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on our services (including a URL and screen shot);
- Your address, telephone number, and email address so that we may get in contact with you;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted work is not authorized by the copyright owner (or by a third party who is legally entitled to do so on behalf of the copyright owner) and is not otherwise permitted by law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and
- An electronic or physical signature (which may be a scanned copy) of the copyright owner.
A complaint can be submitted by:
- Sending a letter to our registered copyright agent. Attn: Copyright Infringement Notification, Industry Data Exchange Association, Inc., 2900 Crystal Drive-Suite 500, Arlington, VA 22202;
- Calling: (703) 562-4600; or
- Contacting us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include responses to items 1-9 above in your email.
If you are unsure whether there has been an infringement of your copyright or about your rights in the material, we suggest that you seek legal advice before reporting the material to IDEA or sending us a counter-notice. This “notice and takedown” process is regulated by statute. There may be negative consequences if you falsely allege copyright infringement or report material to IDEA in bad faith.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The contents of IDEA’s website, including the works, are provided “as is,” and IDEA makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, of any kind with respect to its website or its content. IDEA claims all representations and warranties, including without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or use, title and non-infringement.
Disclaimer of Accuracy. IDEA does not represent or warrant that information accessible via the IDEA website is accurate, complete or current. The IDEA website could contain typographical errors or technical inaccuracies. IDEA reserves the right to add to, change or delete its content or any part thereof without notice. Additionally the IDEA website may contain information provided by third parties. IDEA makes no representation or warranty regarding the accuracy, truth, quality, suitability or reliability of such information provided by third parties.
Limitation on IDEA’s Liability
Neither IDEA, nor its members, governors, officers, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use or misuse of the IDEA website, the works, even if advised of the possibility thereof. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including without limitation, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. You have sole responsibility for the use of the information on IDEA’s website and for adequate protection and backup of data and/or equipment used in connections with IDEA’s website, and you will not make any claim against IDEA for lost data, re-run time, inaccurate output, work delays or lost profits resulting from your use of the website and the works.
Limitation on Liability of Copyright Holders
Copyright holders will not be liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages arising out of any use of the IDEA website and the works or performance or implementation of the contents of the works.
Links to Third Party Sites
Other websites that can be accessed by you via IDEA’s website are not under the control of IDEA. IDEA is not responsible for the contents of any website linked to the IDEA website or any remote link accessible from such website. Linkage to other sites from the IDEA website is provided solely as a convenience to the users of the IDEA website, and the linkage does not constitute, expressly or impliedly, an endorsement by IDEA of any linked website or the products or services of that organization or person.
IDEA reserves the right to terminate this Agreement with or without cause at any time. If IDEA terminates this Agreement, you shall remove any and all links to the IDEA website within twenty-four hours of receipt of notice from IDEA.